Wednesday, January 25, 2012

SOCKS, DOLL QUILT AND PUPPY BLANKETS



These are the 4 blocks so far, i like how it's turning out. When Jeff took me to joann's i picked up the material for 2 more. I ran out of the background material and i want them to be nice for the grandbabies. This is good for practice, I need all of that i can get.







This is how far I have gotten on my socks. I love the colors and can't wait until i get them done but they are slow going with the small needles but so worth it! Nothing beats the feel of handknit socks on cold wood floors.














I made fleece blankets and socks for all the grandkids and i had lots of scraps left over. I've looked at the pile for weeks trying to decide if i should throw them out, or make something. I finally decided to just sew the odds and ends together for blankets for the dogs. They like to sleep on the couch--Cinder sheds horribly and Tessa is always shivering and both like to head over to the shop with jeff or both of us when i head over. They had a bed over there and toys and i thought a blanket over they would be good so i made these 2 and only had tiny bits to put in the trash. It made me feel pretty good to use those scraps and get them cleared off my cutting table!









And here is Tess all cuddled up.








One last thing, I started a new project, a round ripple in black and pink. As much as i have crocheted over lots of years, i have never made a ripple. i lose track of the increases and decreases. This is a really different pattern and i just love it.




Well, i made it all the way to row 7 before i got completely confused.




I am so lucky to have friends who know way more than i do and offered to help me keep going. So a HUGE thank you goes to my good friend, suzi. I couldn't do it without you.

I'll have a picture of that next time




thanks for stopping be and taking the time to read my random thoughts




I'd love to hear from you too




sara

















c

2 comments:

  1. The doll quilts are looking pretty! Nice color on the socks. I know the Tessa and Cinder will love their blankie.

    No thanks needed. I know you would do the same for me. That's what friends do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. I'm glad you're enjoying reading my grandmother's diary. I'm having lots of fun with my project, learning about my grandmother when she was just 20. I knew her for many, many years but always as a grandma.

    ReplyDelete