Wednesday, February 8, 2012

too many projects




Do you ever find yourself starting lots and lots of things while you have way too many UFOS going already? well, that's where i seem to find myself lately--i have turned into a great starter and even better "I'll get back to that later" type of person lately. And I'm not usually like that.


here is my latest project i have started- a beautiful wall hanging with wolves. it is approximately 3x4'. it came in a bunch of fabric scraps i snagged off craiglist (do you love freecycle and craiglist???? man i sure do!!!) it was already basted together with a backing of wolf heads and i have had it a few months and just couldn't wait any longer. i am using black thread and it's getting harder and harder for me to see. wish me luck !





here is my Hearts and Butterflies doll quilt top I've been working on for over a month. i am so disappointed in myself for misreading the fabric requirements on the background and having to add the second color. but i will finish it and I'm sure i can donate it somewhere--it's good practice to finish and I'm sure it will make some little girl happy. still haven't cut either of the 2 i want to make for granddaughters yet-*sigh* never enough "good" hours in the day.










Last weekend Jeff took me thrift-storing---YEAH JEFF!!! i love you. He takes me about every 3 months and we spend most of the day going to our favorites and maybe a new one on occasion. At the first one i found this GREAT vintage singer 403a complete with cabinet, bench seat with storage and most of the original feet and accessories. it is missing one tiny screw that i will have to hit a hardware store to find but it's a great older machine and that brings my collection up to 5. isn't that awful????? one needs a new motor and could be sold and one is in pieces that was given to me. i think i will be happy with the 3 that work until i find a treadle but i won't hold my breath on that kind of a find. i did get the new tension dial for the 285 and i got it installed and ran it thru the paces and it is back up and running which makes me soooo happy. i do all my piecing on that machine.





I've been working on the round ripple today, it sure broke my heart to frog that all the way back but it will be worth it








it was great talking to all of you, let me know what you've been up to this week


thanks for stopping by to read my ramblings


sara





























































































2 comments:

  1. I love all of your old machines. I sew my Farmer's Daughter Quilt on my Singer Featherweight and just love it. I feel the same way you do about shopping - unless it's a fabric store. I'd rather shop in the comfort of my order and order everything on-line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sara! You have been busy.
    YAY Jeff! Yep, you're a keeper. :)

    Your wall hanging is going to be so nice.

    ReplyDelete