Thursday, March 15, 2012

MONKEY QUILT, MY SON, AND PUPPIES

Good morning everyone, I just couldn't wait to show you the monkey quilt i have been working on. i have a new grandson coming the end of next month--Jagger Luke--. I am so excited and I just can't wait. it needs borders and i still need to decide on the backing so it's not finished but i really wanted to show you. i am so pleased at how it is turning out. I am going to make some burp cloths, bibs and washcloths too sometime between now and then.





























My son was up last week to help me get the gardens cleaned out and ready for planting season. I bought 2 new rose bushes. I have no idea where they will go but I'll find perfect spots for them. The clean-up didn't go nearly as well as planned. The wind blew! and blew, it was cold, and when i was going to take him home, it started snowing!!! It snowed 3 days and rained when it wasn't snowing. It's been cold and windy on top of all that. I am so ready for some spring weather and some pretty flowers in my yard. It doesn't help that my best friend is having 70-80 degrees and keeps rubbing it in.............lol........ I know this really is winter's last hurrah but it seems the winter lasts longer every year. Do you feel that way too?







I have picked out patterns for the 2 doll quilts I'm making for christmas, one is a big kitty and the other has 9 cupcakes. The cupcakes are all appliqued of course and i haven't sat down and just played with the new sewing machine to be proficient with satin stitch so I need to make time to do that before i attempt those cupcakes.

and I have been working on a quilt for my oldest granddaughter, Hannah, in purple and green, her favorite colors. It's a simple diagonal strip block with lots of colors and patterns. I will use either solid green or purple for the sashing and probably the other for one of the borders. She has a full size bed so i am making lots and lots of blocks. Did i mention lots of blocks? lol. I sew and sew and sew and still have a pile to sew--or pin--or unpin and piles of different size strips placed strategically on the arm of my comfy chair for easy reach and that works great until a puppy decides she needs lap time,then i have a mess! But it's all good, I love my critters







Well, enough of quilting and projects for now. I thought I'd show a couple pictures of my little buddies. Tessa is almost 4 now (the tiny chihuahua) and cinder (the chihuahua mix) is just 7 months. They are such good friends and almost always sleep and nap close to each other.
































And here is another one of my son, Jon. He is so good with the pups and they love him!! He makes the perfect little puppy pillow, don't you think? lol He is such a handsome guy and still single--with no grandbabies for me yet. He tells me he doesn't want any but moms can always hope, can't they?













Thanks for stopping by and reading my ramblings. I will have more pics to show you next time


I'd love to here about your projects


sara








2 comments:

  1. Great job on the quilt!
    Awww, I love the little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know that you are a no-reply blogger? I wanted to thank you for your nice comment on my blog but couldn't e-mail you back.

    ReplyDelete